Not having a good few days. I was happy and excited about Christmas but going back to work on Monday seemed so hard after the weekend. I’m in so much pain right now. Left foot, left thigh, right thigh, head, left shoulder. I had a rubbish night’s sleep on Saturday as my son was sick. He’s nearly 18 and doesn’t really need me that much but I went into full-on Mum mode and was on alert all night in case he was sick again and needed me. He was fine. He slept fine, and we put the one episode of sickness down to a migraine, as it was soon after he said he had a really bad head. So he was ok, but I barely slept a wink. I don’t seem to have really caught up. I sleep badly normally but that was really bad. Last night I was up twice and trying to get back to sleep the last time was hard and I pretty much dozed for a couple of hours. Not sure why my right leg hurts so much now. It’s hard to walk with 2 bad legs 😦
I am wondering if I have fibromyalgia. My partner just sighed when I said that to him. He thinks I diagnose myself with stuff cos I read it on the internet and obsess about it. It’s true that I do get a bit obsessive, but in this case I think I am being rational.
Symptoms of fibromyalgia (from NHS):
- Widespread pain – yes
- Extreme sensitivity – I think so – stuff like my partner playfully poking me and I’m like ‘that really hurt’ and it kind of shouldn’t have
- Stiffness – yes getting up from sitting is hard
- Fatigue – yes yes yes!
- Poor sleep quality – YES
- Cognitive problems – sometimes I think so
- Headaches – yes nearly every morning
- IBS – yes
- Dizziness and clumsiness – not really
- Feeling too hot or too cold – yes I’m often boiling in the middle of the night for no reason
- Restless Legs – yes, from time to time
- Tingling – yes in my hand and sometimes foot
- Painful periods – well I don’t have many of them these days but they were bad before I went back on the mini pill
- Anxiety – yes
- Depression – well I get down a lot but whether it’s depression or just normal reaction to crap I don’t know.
So that does sound a bit like it might be possible doesn’t it?
Not sure why I want a label but somehow it would help. I could say yes I have some medical issues caused by Fibromyalgia – that’s why I can’t do x or y, or why I have taken x days off on sick leave more than you think normal people should.
Gah I don’t know. I might go to the GP and ask. But I don’t want to go back there. There’s no cure for fibro, so it doesn’t really make any difference to how I feel or how I cope. It just seems like I would find support if I had a proper diagnosis, rather than ‘might be your disk’.